10 Unit Credit Values
- Logistics Services: Military Logistics, Procurement Logistics, Distribution Logistics, Aftersales Logistics, Disposal Logistics, Reverse Logistics, Green Logistics, Global Logistics, RAM Logistics, Asset Control, POS Material Logistics, Emergency Logistics
- Aim of Logistics: Inbound Logistics, Operations, Outbound Logistics, Marketing & Sales, Service, Comprehensive Organising, Human Resource Management, Strategic Alliance, Financial Performance, Target Optimisation of Service Levels, Manage the details, Leverage logistics volumes, Measure and react to performance, Storage, Warehousing and Materials, Unit Load, Packaging & Handling Systems, Inventory, Forecasting
- Transport: Rail, Sea, Road, Air
- Policies and Influence: The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, isk Assessments – The 5 Steps, Equal Opportunities Act 2010, Confidentiality Agreements, Data Protection Act 1988, Environmental Policy, Workplace Security, Insurance, Pestel
- Organisational Requirements: Inbound Logistic Capabilities, Continuous Flow, World Class Suppliers, Tracking of Shipments, Transportation Networks, Inventory Management, Automated Materials Handling (AMH), Outbound Logistic Capabilities, Customer Driven, Regional Distribution Centres, Value Added Services, Shipment Tracking, Outbound Logistic Capabilities, Customer Driven
- Tools: SWOT Analysis, Key Performance Indicators, Pareto Chart, Scatter Diagram, Stratification, The Shewhart Cycle, Risk Assessment & Management, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
The above is the unit content for the Manufacturing and Production unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.