10 Unit Credit Values
- Lean Techniques: Just-in-Time; Value Stream Mapping (VSM); Visual Management; Line Balancing; Total Available Cycle Time; Kaizen; PDCA cycle; Total Productive Maintenance (TPM); OEE Calculation; 5S Workplace Organisation; Single Minute Exchange of Dies; Kanban; Poka-Yoke; Total Quality Management (TQM); Root Cause Analysis; 5 Whys
- Lean Principles: Identify value; Map the value stream; Create flow; Establish pull; Seek perfection
- Eight Deadly Wastes: Defects; Over-production; Waiting; NVA processing; Transportation; Inventory process; Motion; Employee
- External Factors: PESTLE analysis; Suppliers; Customers
- Internal Factors: Health & Safety; Inventory Management
- Implementation Process: Gaining Satisfied Customers; Financial impact of Lean; Training
The above is the unit content for the Lean Manufacturing unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.