10 Unit Credit Values
- Types of Supplies: Utilities; Raw materials; Components; Assemblies; Consumables; Capital goods; Maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies; Commodities; Goods for re-sale
- Resource Requirements: Amount of capital and finance available; Consumer demand & projected sales; Historical sales patterns; Quantity discounts; Storage space; Reliability of supply; Lead time
- Different Suppliers and Purchase Options: Direct purchases; Indirect purchases; Need identification; Specify need; When an industry standard is available; When no industry standard is available; Determining sourcing options; Preferred supplier list; Approved supplier list; Supplier Agreements; Record Keeping
- Storage: Storing supplies; Stockyards; ABC analysis; Fixed-location storage; Random location storage; Hazardous goods; High value supplies
- Coding Systems: Numerical Codes; Alphanumeric Codes; Colour Coding; Bar Coding; Sequential Coding
The above is the unit content for the Choose Supplies and Suppliers for Business unit found in the Level 2 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.