Ports and Shipping Management
10 Unit Credit Values
- Shipping and International Trade: ships and the shipping system; tramp and liner service markets; international trade patterns; international maritime passages
- Business Strategy in Shipping: corporate strategy for shipping; financial strategy for shipping; costs; bargaining power of buyers and suppliers; international shipping law; regulation and finance; maritime laws
- Port Operations Management: terminals; physical flows in a port; product and information flow; terminal performance indicators; productivity, utilisation and service measures
- Agile Ports: characteristics of an agile port; lean logistics
- Port Development: containerisation, concentration, collaboration and competition; emerging trends
The above is the unit content for the Ports and Shipping Management unit found in the Level 5 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.