Operation Management Processes
10 Unit Credit Values
- Operations Management: inputs and outputs; volume, variety, variation and visibility; managing operations and operations functions; performance objectives; planning and control; macroeconomic factors; implementation of business strategy; judging performance against competitors; the operations contribution
- Operations Processing: operations management for generic processes; process mapping; Materials Requirement Planning (MRP); supply and demand; supply network; outsourcing; process technologies
- Relationship Between Operations Management and Strategic Planning: strategic decisions; the balanced scorecard; operations strategy; quality, speed, dependability, flexibility and cost; performance measurement systems
- Operations Improvement Techniques: cost leadership strategy; focus strategy; value chain; performance measurements; performance standards; benchmarking; lean manufacturing; agile manufacturing; total quality management; PESTLE analysis; business excellence models
- Organisational Challenges: globalisation; social responsibility; environmental responsibility; technology
The above is the unit content for the Operation Management Processes unit found in the Level 5 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.