10 Unit Credit Values
- Logistical Requirements of a Supply Chain: what is logistics; who is the customer; the supply chain; the large player; integration; networks; deregulation and privatisation
- Customer Needs: e-logistics, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), scheduling methods and issues; planning framework; PESTLE analysis; planning
- Optimise Use of Logistics: inventory management systems; factors in the use of resources; measuring and managing logistics performance; the balanced scorecard; the Supply Chain Operations Reference Model; Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Modes of Transport: rail, road, air, sea
- Technology, Information & Communication Technology: evolution of technology; improvements in technology
The above is the unit content for the Logistics unit found in the Level 5 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.