10 Unit Credit Values
- Organising Production: batch production; flexible manufacturing; continuous manufacturing; intermittent manufacturing; custom manufacturing; production in relation to the cost
- Level of Demand: demand management; data capture; dealing with day-to-day customer orders; managing the demand; order point system; periodic review systems
- Competitors: competitive advantage
- Sales Forecasting: time series analysis; exponential smoothing; linear trend line; executive judgement; composite of sales force opinion; expert opinion; fixed order quantity systems
- Production Planning: materials requirement planning; Just In Time (JIT); preventive maintenance; flexible work force
- Planning Using Buffer Stocks: inventory as ‘waste’; advanced planning and scheduling
The above is the unit content for the Manufacturing and Production unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.