10 Unit Credit Values
- Strategic Development: terminology; levels of strategy; strategic planning techniques; planning models; assessment of current business position; value chain analysis; product life cycle; strategy evaluation and selection; business process modelling
- Business Relationships: Porter’s Five Forces; co-ordination; co-operation and collaboration; stakeholder expectations; support processes for clients; collaborative business relationships; competitive business relationships
- Human Resource Management: the role of HR professionals; the role of line managers; working patterns – part-time, flexi-time, annual hours; legislation; resolving employee problems
- Management of Finance: cash flow forecasting; trading and profit and loss accounts; balance sheets; financial ratios; budgets; management accounting
- Government Legislation: contract law; breach of contract; free trade vs protectionism; common market; political union; Sale of Goods Act 1979; traders protection and buyers redress; Consumer Credit Act
- Marketing Strategies: the marketing mix; marketing decision making; customers’ wants and needs; developing new products; globalisation
The above is the unit content for the Business unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.