10 Unit Credit Values
- Warehouse Departments: Receipts, Replenishment or put away, Stores, Picking, Packing, Housekeeping, Despatch
- Bridge Between Supply and Demand: Staging Areas, Cross-docking, Keeping Goods Safe and Secure, Gathering, Temporary Storage
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS): (ERP) systems, Radio Frequency Identification, Human Memory Systems
- Types of Warehouses: Ambient warehouses, Climate-controlled warehouse, Automated warehouse, Private warehouse, Public warehouse, Distribution centre, Bonded warehouse
- Warehouse Location Factors: Proximity to customers and suppliers, Building, Floors, Structure, Doors, Receipt and Dispatch Docks, Offices, Lighting, Heating, Extensions, Materials Handling, Mezzanine Floors
- Health and Safety: Health and Safety Policy, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH), The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, Reporting of Injuries, Manual Handling, Fire Risk, Loading and Unloading Vehicles, Pedestrian Safety, Site Visitors, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Shift Work, Lighting, Workplace Temperature
The above is the unit content for the Warehouse Operations unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.