10 Unit Credit Values
- Warehouse Departments: Receipts, Replenishment or put away, Stores, Picking, Packing, Housekeeping, Despatch
- Bridge Between Supply and Demand: Staging Areas, Cross-docking, Keeping Goods Safe and Secure, Gathering, Temporary Storage
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS): (ERP) systems, Radio Frequency Identification, Human Memory Systems
- Types of Warehouses: Ambient warehouses, Climate-controlled warehouse, Automated warehouse, Private warehouse, Public warehouse, Distribution centre, Bonded warehouse
- Warehouse Location Factors: Proximity to customers and suppliers, Building, Floors, Structure, Doors, Receipt and Dispatch Docks, Offices, Lighting, Heating, Extensions, Materials Handling, Mezzanine Floors
The above is the unit content for the Warehouse Operations unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.