10 Unit Credit Values
- Types of Ports: A fishing port, An inland port, A dry port, Cruise home ports, Cargo ports
- Port functions: Transport (circulation) function of ports, Commercial function of ports, Industrial function of ports, Distributional function of ports
- Seaport connection and transhipment: Maritime access, Maritime interface, Infrastructures and equipment, Land access, Port service (full-service), Tool port (service), Land lord
- Maritime network considerations: Frequency of service, Fleet and vessel size, Number of port calls, Shipping Conferences, Shipping Alliances, Containerisation
- Port considerations: Location, Depth, Land availability, Labour costs, Hinterland access, Ownership
The above is the unit content for the Ports and Shipping unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.