10 Unit Credit Values
- Organising production: Batch Production, Flexible Manufacturing, Continuous Manufacturing, Intermittent Manufacturing, Custom Manufacturing, Production in relation to the Cost
- Level of Demand: Demand Management, Data capture, Dealing with day-to-day customer orders, Managing the demand, Order point System, Periodic Review Systems
- Competitors: Competitive Advantage
- Sales forecasting: Time Series Analysis, Exponential Smoothing, Linear Trend Line, Executive Judgement, Composite of Sales force Opinion, Expert Opinion, Fixed Order Quantity Systems
- Production planning: Materials Requirement Planning, Just In Time (JIT), Preventive maintenance, Flexible work force
- Planning using Buffer Stocks: Inventory as ‘waste’, Advanced Planning and Scheduling APS, Rough Cut Capacity Planning RCCP, Sales and Operational Planning (S&OP), Shop Floor Scheduling, Kanban
The above is the unit content for the Manufacturing and Production unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.