10 Unit Credit Values
- Leaders: Required attributes; Skills of a leader; John Adair leadership model; Leadership styles; Herzberg Motivation Factors; McGregor’s X and Y Theory
- Objectives: SMART; Sense of purpose; Effective team characteristics; Career progression
- Leadership Theory: Great Man Theory; Trait Theories; Behaviourist Theories; Situational Leadership; Contingency Theory; Transactional Theory; Transformational Theory
- Leaders mistakes/challenges: Jumping In; Frame Blindness; Lack of frame control; Overconfidence; Short sightedness; Group failure; Fooling yourself; Not keeping track; Failure to check decision process; Conflict with the team; Overcoming challenges
- Communication: Corporate strategic plan; Departmental objectives; Team goals/results to be achieved; Motivational Skills
The above is the unit content for the Business unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.