10 Unit Credit Values
- Warehouse Policies: benefits of warehousing; types of warehouses; warehouse policies and procedures; warehouse exit strategy (in house); warehouse exit strategy (outsourcing)
- Requirements: warehouse activity; storage system design; warehouse layout; product layout; material flows; resource planning; material handling; warehouse personnel
- Inventory Strategy: integrated supply chain; supply chain management; supply chain measurement; performance evaluation; quality management; supply chain performance measures; supply chain strategy; product life cycle; service levels; transportation; inventory and planning control
- Legislation: health and safety legislation; prevention; risk assessment; manual handling regulations; licencing and permits; training; insurance
- Technology Advances: warehouse management systems; materials requirement planning; manufacturing resource planning; information communications technology; automated storage and retrieval systems; conveyor systems; barcode technology; radio frequency identification technology; Electronic Data Interchange (EDI); Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS); Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); inventory reduction
- Financial Systems: budgeting; performance measurement; warehouse costs; Activity Based Costing (ABC); payback periods; rates of return; performance indicators; balanced scorecards
The above is the unit content for the Warehousing unit found in the Level 5 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.