- Legal Responsibilities: the Health and Safety at Work Act; risk assessment; legislation; dangerous goods; container/vehicle packing certificates; road cargo; the Maritime and Coastguard Agency; the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships; the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea; the Office of Rail Regulation; the Convention concerning International Carriage by Rail; the Road Traffic Act 1991
- Air Freight: Air Waybills (AWBs); the International Air Transport Association (IATA); the air cargo tariff and rules
- Container Transport: factors influencing movement of cargo; environmental factors; how to secure sea freight safely; how to correctly secure cargo; wire rope lashings
- Lashing: straight/cross lashing; loop lashing; spring lashing; chain lashing; blocking
- Considerations: weight limitations; hazardous materials/dangerous goods; fibreboard boxes; lumber and plywood; anti-slip mats; securing systems; stacking of containers; checking cargo; communication
The above is the unit content for the Secure Cargo unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.