10 Unit Credit Values
- Logistics Types: Just in Time (JIT); military logistics; procurement logistics; distribution logistics; after-sales logistics; disposal logistics; reverse logistics; green logistics; global logistics; RAM logistics; asset control logistics; POS material logistics; emergency logistics; logistics activities
- Service: marketing and sales; outbound logistics; operations; inbound logistics; warehousing; inventory management; transportation; distribution; procurement; handling and packaging
- Supply Chain in a Logistics Environment: inventory; procurement; planning and forecasting; demand forecasting; demand planning; demand management; management of returns/reverse of supply chain
- Types of Logistics Activities: air freight; road haulage; sea freight; rail freight; storage and warehousing; wholesaling
- Health and Safety: Health and Safety at Work Act 1974; risk assessment; first aid; reporting of injuries; Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH); manual handling; operations regulations; display screen equipment; Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Communication: verbal communication methods; face-to-face communication; telephone communication; video conferencing; non-verbal communication; written communication; information systems
The above is the unit content for the Introduction to Logistics unit found in the Level 2 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.