10 Unit Credit Values
- Shipping and international trade: Ships and the shipping system, Tramp & liner service markets, International trade patterns, International maritime passages
- Business strategy in shipping: Corporate strategy for shipping, Financial strategy for shipping, Costs, Bargaining power of buyers and suppliers, International shipping law, Regulation and finance, Maritime laws
- Port operations management: Terminals, Physical flows in a port, Product and information flow, Terminal performance indicators, Productivity, utilisation and service measures
- Agile ports: Characteristics of an agile port, Lean logistics
- Port development: Containerisation, concentration, collaboration and competition, Emerging trends
The above is the unit content for the Ports and Shipping Management unit found in the Level 5 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.