10 Unit Credit Values
- Warehouse Policies: Benefits of warehousing, Types of warehouses, Warehouse policies and procedures, Warehouse exit strategy – in house, Warehouse exit strategy – outsourcing
- Requirements: Warehouse activity, Storage system design, Warehouse layout, Product layout, Material flows, Resource planning, Material handling, Warehouse personnel
- Inventory Strategy: Integrated supply chain, Supply chain management, Supply chain measurement, Performance evaluation, Quality management, Supply chain performance measures, Supply chain strategy, Product life cycle, Service levels, Transportation, Inventory and planning control
- Legislation: Health and safety legislation, Prevention, Risk assessment, Manual Handling Regulations, Licencing and permits, Training, Insurance
- Technology Advances: Warehouse Management System, Materials Requirement Planning, Manufacturing Resource Planning, Information Communications Technology, Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems, Conveyor systems, Barcode technology, Radio Frequency Identification Technology, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS), Key performance indicators, Inventory reduction
- Financial systems: Budgeting, Performance measurement, Warehouse costs, Activity based costing (ABC), Payback period, Rate of return, Performance indicators, Balanced scorecard
The above is the unit content for the Warehousing unit found in the Level 5 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.