10 Unit Credit Values
- Strategic development: Terminology; Levels of strategy; Strategic planning techniques; Planning models; Assessment of current business position; Value chain analysis; Product life cycle; Strategy evaluation and selection; Business process modelling
- Business relationships: Porters Five Forces; Co-ordination, co-operation and collaboration; Stakeholder expectations; Support processes for clients; Collaborative business relationships; Competitive business relationships
- Human resource management: The role of HR professionals; The role of line managers; Working patterns; Part time, flexitime, annual hours; Legislation; Resolving employee problems
- Management of finance: Cash flow forecast; Trading and profit and loss account; Balance sheet; Financial ratios; Budgets; Management accounting
- Government legislation: Contract law; Breach of contract; Free trade vs protectionism; Common market; Political union; Sale of Goods Act 1979; Traders protection and buyers redress; Consumer Credit Act
- Marketing strategies: The marketing mix; Marketing decision making; Customer’s wants and needs; Developing new products; Globalisation
The above is the unit content for the Business unit found in the Level 5 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.