10 Unit Credit Values
- Logistics Services: military logistics; procurement logistics; distribution logistics; aftersales logistics; disposal logistics; reverse logistics; green logistics; global logistics; RAM logistics; asset control; POS material logistics; emergency logistics
- Aim of Logistics: inbound logistics; operations; outbound logistics; marketing and sales; service; comprehensive organising; human resource management; strategic alliance; financial performance; target optimisation of service levels; managing the details; leveraging logistics volumes; measuring and reacting to performance; storage, warehousing and materials; unit load; packaging and handling systems; inventory; forecasting
- Transport: rail; sea; road; air
- Policies and Influence: the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974; risk assessments – the five steps; Equal Opportunities Act 2010; confidentiality agreements; Data Protection Act 1988; environmental policy; workplace security; insurance; PESTEL
- Organisational Requirements: inbound logistic capabilities; continuous flow; world class suppliers; tracking of shipments; transportation networks; inventory management; Automated Materials Handling (AMH); outbound logistic capabilities; customer driven; regional distribution centres; value added services; shipment tracking; outbound logistic capabilities
- Tools: SWOT Analysis; Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); Pareto charts; scatter diagrams; stratification; the Shewhart Cycle; risk assessment and management; failure mode and effects analysis
The above is the unit content for the Logistics unit found in the Level 5 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.