10 Unit Credit Values
- Production: Components of the production function
- Requirement of Product Design and Production Strategy: Product life cycle, product strategy, research and development, product design, design services and organising product development
- Location, Layout and Productivity of Manufacturing: Facilities location, facilities layout, work measurement and individual and organisational productivity
- Forecasting, Planning and Scheduling of Production: Forecasting demand, planning production, scheduling production, economic order quantity model planning and controlling projects
- Purchasing and Inventory Management: MRP I, MRP II, the purchasing function, expediting, a standard purchasing system, just in time management system
The above is the unit content for the Manufacturing Production unit found in the Level 7 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.