10 Unit Credit Values
- Warehouse Departments: receipts; replenishment or put away; stores; picking, packing, housekeeping and despatch
- Bridge Between Supply and Demand: staging areas; cross-docking; keeping goods safe and secure; gathering; temporary storage
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS): ERP systems; radio frequency identification; human memory systems
- Types of Warehouses: ambient warehouses; climate-controlled warehouses; automated warehouses; private warehouses; public warehouses; distribution centres; bonded warehouses
- Warehouse Location Factors: proximity to customers and suppliers; buildings, floors, structures, and doors; receipt and dispatch docks; offices; lighting and heating; extensions; materials handling; mezzanine floors
The above is the unit content for the Warehousing Operstions unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.