10 Unit Credit Values
- Types of Ports: fishing ports; inland ports; dry ports; cruise home ports; cargo ports
- Port Functions: transport (circulation) function of ports; commercial function of ports; industrial function of ports; distributional function of ports
- Seaport Connection and Transhipment: maritime access; maritime interface; infrastructures and equipment; land access; port service (full-service); tool port (service); landlords
- Maritime Network Considerations: frequency of service; fleet and vessel size; number of port calls; shipping conferences; shipping alliances; containerisation
- Port Considerations: location, depth, land availability, labour costs, hinterland access and ownership
The above is the unit content for the Ports and Shipping unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.