10 Unit Credit Values
- Logistical Requirements of a Supply Chain: what is logistics; who is the customer; the supply chain; the large player; integration; networks; deregulation and privatisation
- Customer Needs: e-logistics; Electronic Data Interchange (EDI); scheduling methods and issues; planning frameworks; PESTLE analysis; planning
- Optimising Use of Logistics: inventory management systems; factors in the use of resources; measuring and managing logistics performance; the balanced scorecard; the supply chain operations reference model; Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Modes of Transport: rail, road, air and sea
- Technology: information and communication technology; evolution of technology; improvements in technology
The above is the unit content for the Logistics unit found in the Level 3 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.