10 Unit Credit Values
- Operations management: Inputs and outputs, Volume, variety, variation and visibility, Managing operations and operations functions, Performance objectives, Planning and control, Macroeconomic factors, Implementation of business strategy, Judging performance against competitors, The operation’s contribution
- Operations processing: Operations management four generic processes, Process mapping, Materials requirement planning (MRP), Supply and demand, Supply network, Outsourcing, Process technologies
- Relationship between operations management and strategic planning: Strategic decisions, The balanced scorecard, Operations strategy, Quality, Speed, Dependability, Flexibility & Cost, Performance measurement systems
- Operations improvement techniques: Cost leadership strategy, Focus strategy, Value chain, Performance measurements, Performance standards, Benchmarking, Lean manufacturing, Agile manufacturing, Total quality management, PESTLE analysis, Business excellence models
- Organisational challenges: Globalisation, Social responsibility, Environmental responsibility, Technology
The above is the unit content for the Operations Management Processes unit found in the Level 5 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.