10 Unit Credit Values
- Logistical requirements of a supply chain: What is logistics?, Who is the customer?, The supply chain, The large player, Integration, Networks, Deregulation and privatisation
- Customer needs: E-logistics, Electronic data interchange (EDI), Scheduling methods & issues, Planning framework, PESTLE analysis, Planning
- Optimise use of logistics: Inventory management systems, Factors in the use of resources, Measuring and managing logistics performance, The balanced scorecard, The Supply Chain Operations Reference Model, Key performance indicators
- Modes of transport: Rail, Road, Air, Sea
- Technology, Information & communication technology: Evolution of technology, Improvements in technology
The above is the unit content for the Logistics unit found in the Level 5 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.