10 Unit Credit Values
- Role of Road Transport: types of road transport; movement of freight; the environment; sustainability
- Setting Standards and Performance Measurements: performance management; design vehicles; visibility; transport planning; quantitative research; planning freight movements; selecting the mode; the planning decision; contingency planning; risk management; basic planned maintenance
- Scheduling, Quality and Security: level of service; security measures
- Route Planning: journey planning; distribution planning; modes of transport; distribution channels; role of the government; packaging
- Role of Management: performance management; personal and professional skills; leadership styles and qualities; motivation
- Effective Communication Skills: communication methods; communication styles; decision making
The above is the unit content for the Road Freight Management unit found in the Level 5 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.