10 Unit Credit Values
- Functions of a Purchasing System: life cycle costing; total acquisition cost model
- Stages of the Life Cycle: planning and design; acquisition; storage; use; disposal
- Stages of the Purchasing Process: goods or service needs and requests; authorisation; purchase orders; delivery; receipt; payment; order processing cycles
- Methods to Gain Information: word-of-mouth; advertising and marketing; company information; sampling; SWOT analysis
- Supplier Development: potential for partnership; scope for development; quantifiable outcomes
The above is the unit content for the Introduction to Purchasing unit found in the Level 2 qualification. To view more units, click here and select the “Units” tab.