Open Study College is one of the UK’s largest distance learning Colleges and is now recruiting an experienced tutor, assessor and internal verifier.
This is a home-based position and provides an opportunity to take advantage of fully flexible working hours.
The position will predominantly cover tutoring, assessing and internal verifying on IoSCM courses, for example:
- Managing the supply chain
- Purchasing in the supply chain
- Logistics and transport
- Shipping, imports & exports
- Warehousing operations
- Manufacturing, planning & control
Candidates must possess the following knowledge and experience to be considered for this position:
- Assessors award (A1)
- Internal verifiers award (V1)
- Experience of teaching within a further education or distance learning environment
- Subject knowledge of level 4 or higher (will consider level 3, for level 2 courses)
- A good understanding of internal quality systems.
The successful candidate must also maintain their subject knowledge and keep up to date with awarding body and general education issues through Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- A good standard of general education
- Good IT skills and experience of Virtual Learning Environments (VLE’s)
- Well developed communication skills, both oral and written
- A willingness to undertake further training or development if required
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Thomas Cavanagh, Academic Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
An excellent package is available.